Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring is in the air....

In my effort to adhere to self discipline I will be posting during transition just as if I had some relevant provocative comment that needs to be debated.  While I realize this content will be somewhat boring to some, it is in fact an exercise in discipline and forethought for coming installments.

That said, I did happen to catch an interview featuring Dita Von Teese which I found very insightful of her personality outside of being able to wiggle in a martini glass.  I don't think I'm alone in saying she is a remarkable spokesperson for the true burlesque performers.  She has the air of a woman who is secure with herself as well as conducting herself with great class and style.

To me, outside the obvious resemblance from days gone by she is the epitome of grace.  I could only wish that I could appear as put together as she does on a daily basis.  Aside from the obvious gorgeous persona, she also sets an example for many young women to show that there can be substance, beauty, as well as being honest about what intrigues us that may lie outside the society norm of what is acceptable.

I must admit I've always had a fascination with the Pin-up Girl genre, to me there is nothing tawdry or cheap in their art.  The point of art to me is to be disseminated  to the masses that would not normally have access or inclination to be exposed to a point of view.  The medium of that time was calendars and the like, and I believe these beautiful strong women who were very daring for their time with their expression of art are people to be admired.

It saddens me that it was turned into a cheap mockery absolving their actions of empowerment to being segregated to a mechanic's wall.  There of course is the obvious "cheesecake" perversion in the photos, however I believe that there are many people out there who feel the female body can be erotic as well as beautiful and certainly should be admired.

No comments:

Post a Comment